Sam's Larder is an independent Deli and Foodstore based in Hammersmith, Chiswick and Brentford and a wonderful Love Cocoa stockist. We caught up with the founder Sam about the inspiration behind the store, its future and its values.
1. Tell us about the store and the inspiration behind it.
Our first Sam’s Larder in Hammersmith was born out of the first lockdown. We now have two further shops and cafes – one in Chiswick and one in Brentford. The shops are extension of our restaurant - Sam’s Riverside - and they all about filling our shelves with everything we adore, from all our favourite suppliers and producers, like Love Cocoa! We also have our Frozen by Sam’s Riverside range of delicious meals and ice-creams, which are all prepared by our chefs at Sam’s Riverside for our guests to take away and enjoy at home
2. How do you picture the future of Sam's Larder?
We feel our approach to retail is a little different as it comes from a restaurant/ hospitality background. I would like to become the go-to for deli shops and cafes in West London. I also want to continue to focus on working with emerging and exciting food brands, alongside our own Frozen By Sam’s Riverside range.
3. What's your go-to coffee order?
I fluctuate between an oat milk cappuccino (I find this very comforting) and a punchy strong wake up black Americano.
4. What are the three principal values you champion as a company?
- Hospitality at the forefront of everything we do
- Building genuine relationships with our team, our guests and our suppliers
- Creating lasting memories for our guests
5. Lastly, which is your favourite Love Cocoa product?
I have to admit that I became rather addicted to the Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bar!