Our Salted Caramel Truffles are a never-failing crowd pleaser. Filled with gooey, buttery salted caramel and encased in delicious milk chocolate and a dusting of cocoa powder, they’re a moreish combination of salt and sweet. They don’t only taste great on their own, though: they’re perfect for making beautiful caramel brownies:
10 Salted Caramel Truffles
115g Unsalted Butter
200g Golden Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
80g All-purpose Flour
35g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Place on Salted Caramel Truffle into the centre of each cupcake liner.
3. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 115g unsalted butter.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
5. Beat in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking power.
6. Pour the brownie batter over each truffle, filling the cupcake liners almost 3/4 of the way up.
7. Bake in the oven for approximately 12-15 minutes. They should be a little gooey and very fudgy (to make sure, you can give the tin a soft shake; if the mixture wobbles they’ll need another minute).
8. Remove from the oven, set the tin on a rack and let them cool before serving.
Extra tips: for a extra slice of heaven, serve with double cream or vanilla ice cream (or both). You can also try this recipe with any of the Love Cocoa truffles - we'd love to see what it would be like with our Milk Champagne Truffles!