Black Forest Nicecream Chocolate Cups
For the chocolate cups:
4 small water balloons*
70% organic Love Cocoa dark chocolate
A but of oil to grease the balloons
For the black forest nicecream:
4 ripe frozen bananas
A splash of milk (use any milk you prefer)
10 cherries, chopped
40g 70% organic Love Cocoa dark chocolate, chopped
To make the chocolate cups:
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl - you need enough chocolate to dip the top of the balloons in to create a small chocolate cup.
- Make sure you allow the chocolate to cool down completely before dipping in the balloons.**
- Grease the top of the balloons (the part that will go in the chocolate) with a bit of oil.***
- Create four chocolate circles on a piece of baking paper. This will make the base of the chocolate cups. Make sure the circles are spread out to allow enough space between the balloons.
- Dip the balloons in the cooled chocolate and place on one of the chocolate circles on the baking paper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours while you make the banana ice cream.
- To make the nice cream: Add the frozen bananas along with a splash of milk to your blender/food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer into cake or loaf tin and fold in the cherries and chopped chocolate.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Take the chocolate cups out of the fridge and make a cut at the knot to allow the balloons to deflate slowly. This will also help the balloons come away from the chocolate more easily.
- Scoop the nicecream into the chocolate cups and top with more chopped/shredded Love Cocoa organic chocolate and fresh cherries.
*I tried using ‘normal’ balloons but they were too big and they stuck to the chocolate. Water balloons are the right size and seem to have a texture and thickness that works perfectly for this recipe.
**Even if the chocolate is slightly warm, the balloons might pop and you’ll end up with chocolate all over your kitchen!
***If you skip this part the balloons may stick to the chocolate and you won’t be able to peel it off.