EASY CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE RECIPE
FOR YOUR MORNING BOOST (OR DESSERT!)
Not only is porridge quick and warming, it's also an extremely healthy breakfast which boosts your body as you start your day.
To make your morning bowl just that extra bit more tasty, why not try adding chocolate? Not only is it mouth-wateringly good, it can also provide some extra health benefits! For example, it decreases stress levels and inflammation, and can positively impact your mood, memory, and immune system. Additionally, as cacao is a major source of flavonoids, it helps to support cognitive, endocrinal and cardiovascular health. (Read more in our blog post!)
Sounds good? Well, here is our go-to recipe for a quick and easy porridge bowl packed full of oaty, chocolatey goodness, to help you kick-start your day 🍫❤
You can use any type of milk, whether that's coconut milk, almond milk, soya milk, or another - and top with whichever fruits you like.
At the end of the article, we have listed some combination suggestions for you to try out, so you can enjoy different flavours everyday!
LOVE COCOA'S CHOCOLATEY PORRIDGE RECIPE 🥣
- 40g Rolled oats
- 100ml Milk (or alternative milk i.e. coconut milk, almond milk)
- 1tbsp Cocoa Powder
- A few pieces of a Love Cocoa chocolate bar of your choice - we recommend dark sea salt
- Preferred topping i.e. chopped almonds, cocoa nibs, blueberries
1. Place rolled oats, milk and cocoa powder in a sauce pan
2. Put on medium heat, stirring regularly until it gets to your desired consistency.
Feel free to add more liquid to loosen!
3. Serve the porridge in a bowl and top with your preferred fruits, nuts and chocolate.
4. You can also keep it in the fridge and have it cold as a creamy, rich dessert after meal.
WHICH CHOCOLATE GOES BEST WITH PORRIDGE?
We love to top the porridge with pieces of our (vegan!) Maldon Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, following the English tradition of adding a pinch of salt to your morning oats!
This bar contains small salt flakes which subtly enhances the chocolatey flavours in your mouth, and goes so well with the creaminess of this porridge, even if we do say so ourselves!
If you often crave something sweet in the morning, try topping your porridge with pieces of our Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate bar. This modern-day British classic is an instant winning flavour for all chocolate lovers, and is sure to delight any family or friends you may be making this for!
OUR RECCOMENDED CHOCOLATE AND PORRIDGE COMBINATIONS
There are unlimited ways to top your porridge... but here we have listed some of our recommendations for the best ways you can incorporate our bars into your oat-based breakfasts!
Let us know what you think, and tag us in photos of your creations on Instagram. We hope you enjoy 😋💖
- Apple Cinnamon Porridge & Earl GreyMilk Chocolate Bar
- Porridge with raisins & our (vegan!) Peruvian Dark Chocolate Bar (add a dash of brandy if you're having it for a dessert!)
- Porridge with walnuts & some of our Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bar
- Top with Figs, Almonds & Love Cocoa's Vegan Avocado Dark Chocolate Bar.
- Sprinkle on some Orange, Cocoa Nibs, Fresh Mint & our vegan Orange & Cocoa Nibs Chocolate Bar.