Prepared by Kira, personal trainer at MotivatePT
Dark chocolate with Sea Salt must be one of the best combinations ever. Use this chocolate to make energy balls and you will obtain a nutritious and delicious snack! Even better, these treats are no-bake, so they are super easy and quick to make, and are a brilliant alternative to an everyday sugar-laden chocolate bar. You’ll get the best results if you use a food processor, as the texture will be super smooth and delicious, however if you want to use some elbow grease, that will work too!
1 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 ¾ cup oats
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup shredded almond
1 cup dates
- Combine 1 cup of oats, shredded coconut, almond and dates in a food processor until the mixture is fully combined.
- If you want the texture to be totally smooth, add the ¾ cup oats to the food processor and pulse this too, but if you want more of a variety of texture, leave the ¾ cup out and add this to the mixture by hand.
- Place the oats, filling and dates into a bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the peanut butter and honey. Add Love Cocoa chocolate bar until melted.
- Pour the hot mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter.
- Leave in the fridge or freezer for around 2 hours.
- Keep the energy balls stored in the fridge.