NO FLOUR NO EGG CHOCOLATE COOKIES
We know at this time flour is one of the highly demanded products in supermarkets across UK. It's not the end of the world because we've got this DELICIOUS chocolate cookies made with very few ingredients widely available. You can alternate some of the ingredients in this recipe with what you can find in your cupboard, so you can still make this treat even if you don't have all the ingredients - and is a good excuse to try different variations!
It's super easy to make - and would be a great addition to your family activity while staying at home!
WHAT CAN BE THE ALTERNATIVE TO FLOUR?
We used rolled oats for this delicious cookies recipe - it's a reasonable alternative to wheat. You can also find gluten-free version very easily. Oat is high in fibre and packed with flavour - you might actually prefer this recipe to the standard cookies with flour!
- 2 cups ROLLED OATS
- 2/3 tsp BAKING SODA (if you don't have it don't worry - the cookies will still come out great!)
- 2/3 tsp BAKING POWDER (same as above - it helps raise the dough but you can bake without this and still comes out tasty!)
- 1/3 cup SUGAR (Any sugar you have. We love using brown sugar!)
- 3 tbsp OIL or MELTED BUTTER (added to hold the dough together- any oil works! For an extra flavour try Coconut Oil.)
- 3 tbsp MILK of you choice
- 1/2 cup CHOCOLATE BUTTONS / CHOCOLATE BAR (chopped) or anything you like!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a food processor or blender (we used smoothie blender which works absolutely fine!) add Oats, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Sugar and blend until combined and oats become powdery.
3. Place the above into a large mixing bowl, add oil, milk and mix well until wet and combined, and add your choice of mix-ins.
4. With hands or spoons (we find it easier to do with hands, and unlike flour-based dough it's not very sticky and easy to handle), form 10-15 balls onto a tray lined with baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven, let it cool on a cooling rack.
This cookie recipe is super versatile, and you can mix-in anything you like to enjoy a variety of flavours.
Here are some suggestions we love!:
- Coconut flakes (use coconut oil!)
- Sea Salt Dark Chocolate pieces + Almonds
-- Raisons & Cinnamon
Please share if you've discovered great flavours with this no flour no egg cookies recipe @lovecocoa!