A Hint of Christmas
Vegan Spelt Muffins ft. Love Cocoa Dark Sea Salt Chocolate
Can there be anything better than a Love Cocoa Christmas recipe to tingle your tastebuds? YES. A Love Cocoa Christmas recipe, which uses our bestselling Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate, crafted to gooey-chocolatey perfection & actually pretty healthy as muffins go. 100% Vegan, 100% Delicious.
- 140g spelt flour
- 1X Love Cocoa Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
- 45g dark cane sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 55ml grapeseed oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 115 ml almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Grease a square baking tin (~20cm) with oil, then line with greaseproof baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the almond milk with oil and pour into your dry ingredients.
- Combine everything without stirring for too long.
- Pour mixture into muffin moulds and bake for 20-25 mins.
Once the muffins are cooled you can either present them as they are - use a rustic basket or wooden board to display. P.S. These are delicious warm - the melted chocolate drizzles through the insides. If you're feeling more adventurous, make a quick & easy 4-ingredient Vegan cream cheese icing (250g Vegan cream cheese, 2-3 tbsp icing sugar, 1-2 tsp vanilla essence & cooled heated blackberries). If you're feeling even more adventurous make these Love Cocoa Chocolate Salted Holly Leaves:
You may have been told as a kid to stay well clear of holly - the little red berries are pretty poisonous to ingest. Yet, you'll be surprised to hear with a little bit of soap & scrubbing the holly leaves are entirely safe to use for some chocolate holly decoration. These look absolutely delightful and are deceivingly simple to make:
- Gather some holly leaves, wash and dry.
- Melt your Love Cocoa Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate (any amount will do)
- Paint a generous layer of the melted chocolate over the underside of the leaves, place in the fridge to cool.
- Carefully peel the leaf off the chocolate et voila!
So there you have it - it's just under a month until Christmas and if you're not feeling it already, these muffins will get you well and truly in the spirit.