2 ounces dark chocolate (1 Love Cocoa organic dark chocolate bar)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 of 1 stick), at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk (discard white or save for another use)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
ice cream for serving
- chocolate spread for serving
- Preheat oven to 128°C and spray two ramekins (about 3-4 inches in diameter or about 4 ounces each) with cooking spray, place ramekins on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate, butter, and heat on high power to melt about 1 minute. Stop to whisk until smooth. If needed, return bowl to micro and heat in 15-second increments until chocolate can be whisked smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, egg yolk, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins, divided evenly.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until edges are set but the center is still soft; don’t overbake. Baking times will vary based on the oven, ramekins, and climate variances; bake until as done as desired.
- Allow cakes to cool in ramekins for about 1 minute, gently rim the edges of ramekins with a paring knife, and invert over serving dishes to dislodge cakes.
- Optionally top with ice cream, chocolate spread and serve immediately. Cakes are best warm and fresh.