EASY CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE RECIPE
FOR YOUR MORNING BOOST (OR DESSERT!)
Porridge is one of the healthiest, quick and warming breakfast that boost you for the whole day.
Adding chocolate doesn't make it more tasty but you get more benefits - it can help decrease stress levels and inflammation, and positively impact on mood, memory, and the immune system. As cacao is a major source of flavonoids, it can support cognitive, endocrinal and cardiovascular health. (Read more in our blog post!)
So here is our recipe, super simple and easy, to kick start your day with your favourite chocolate. Porridge is so versatile that you can mix with any type of milk - such as coconut milk, almond milk, and soya milk - and mix or top with any fruits of your choice. At the end of the article, we have listed some combination suggestions that you can try out to enjoy different flavours everyday!
LOVE COCOA'S CHOCOLATEY PORRIDGE RECIPE
- 40g Rolled oats
- 100ml Milk (or alternative milk i.e. coconut milk, almond milk, )
- 1tbsp Cocoa Powder
- A few pieces of Love Cocoa chocolate bar of your choice - we recommend dark sea salt
- Preferred topping i.e. chopped almonds, cocoa nibs, blueberries
1. Place rolled oats, milk and cocoa powder in a sauce pan
2. Put on medium heat, stirring regularly until it gets to your desired consistency.
Feel free to add more liquid to loosen!
3. Serve the porridge in a bowl and top with your preferred fruits, nuts and chocolate.
4. You can also keep it in the fridge and have it cold as a creamy, rich dessert after meal.
WHICH CHOCOLATE GOES BEST WITH PORRIDGE?
We love to top the porridge with pieces of our Maldon Sea Salt Dark Chocolate, following the English tradition of adding a pinch of salt to your porridge!
We use flakes to subtly enhance the salty flavour in your month, which goes just so well with the creamy porridge with cocoa.
If you love something sweet in the morning, try our Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate - the modern British classic flavour for chocolate. This would be everyone's favourite and if you're making a breakfast for your guests- this choice is sure to delight them!
CHOCOLATE PORRIDGE TOPPING COMBINATION
There are unlimited ways to top your porridge... we have listed some of our recommendations with our chocolates that we'd love everyone to try out!
- Apple, Cinnamon & Earl GreyMilk Chocolate Bar
- Raisons & Ecuador Dark Chocolate Bar (and a dash of brandy if you're having it for a dessert!)
- Walnuts & Honeycomb Milk Chocolate Bar
- Fig, Almond & Avocado Dark Chocolate Bar
- Orange, Cocoa Nibs, Fresh Mint & Orange & Cocoa Nibs Milk Chocolate Bar